A man accused of breaking into the home of England striker Raheem Sterling during the 2022 World Cup has appeared at Guildford Crown Court.
Emiliano Krosi, 23, from Southend-on-Sea, faces 33 counts of conspiracy to commit burglary. The Crown said it wanted to add a further count at a preliminary hearing on Friday November 3.
One count relates to the burglary of the Chelsea striker’s home in Oxshott, Surrey, on December 3 last year. Each burglary is disputed by the defendant, his lawyer said. He did not enter a plea on Friday.
At the time, Sterling was away with the England squad in Qatar. He flew back to the UK to be with his family and missed the round-of-16 match against Senegal.
He later returned to the squad and played the last 10 minutes of England’s 2-1 World Cup quarter-final defeat to France.
Sterling’s partner, Paige Milian, and children were not at the property at the time of the incident. Krosi today spoke only to confirm his name through an Albanian translator.
A trial date has been fixed for February 14, 2024 and it is estimated it will take four weeks.
Recorder Harris said that it could take place at Guildford Crown Court or be transferred to another court.
(Photo: Alex Pantling/Getty Images)