Michigan State University is hosting a Horticultural Lighting Workshop that will take place on Dec. 18 in East Lansing, MI. The day-long event includes presentations on a wide range of topics, including:
- Light concepts, principles, and terms for horticulture
- Indoor sole-source lighting of seedlings and leafy greens
- Indoor lighting of tissue culture propagules
- Photoperiodic lighting to regulate flowering
- Supplemental greenhouse lighting
- Using LEDs to decrease plant growth regulator use
- Lighting approaches: Selection of fixtures, lighting plans, and other application considerations
Following the educational program, there will be a tour of horticulture lighting research projects and facilities at Michigan State, covering a number of crops and lighting systems.
Learn more and register here.