Georgia and Florida face off in an SEC showdown. Check back throughout the game for updates.
Todd Kirkland/Getty Images
No. 1 Georgia vs. Florida
Georgia and Florida face off at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday in Jacksonville, Fla. in an SEC rivalry game. The game will be broadcast by CBS.
Georgia is 7-0 overall and 4-0 in the SEC. Florida is 5-2 and 3-1.
- AP No. 1 teams are 128-1 dating back to Oregon State’s September 2008 upset of USC. The only loss in that span was by Alabama to Texas A&M in 2021.
- Georgia is 33-3 when playing as the AP No. 1 team, losing to No. 4 Alabama in the 2021 SEC title game, No. 2 Penn State in the 1982-83 Sugar Bowl and unranked Auburn in 1942.
- Florida has three wins against AP No. 1 teams, all while ranked in the top three itself: 2008 SEC title game vs. Alabama, 2006-07 BCS title game vs. Ohio State and 1996-97 Sugar Bowl vs. Florida State.
- Unranked Florida teams have five wins against AP top-five teams, the last being 2002 against No. 5 Georgia.
- Georgia is 54-1 in its past 55 games against unranked teams, losing only to South Carolina in 2019.
- Georgia has won five of six in the series, taking a 54-44-2 lead in the rivalry.
Sign up for the Until Saturday newsletter | Jayna Bardahl and The Athletic’s college football staff deliver expert analysis on the biggest CFB stories five days per week. Get it sent to your inbox.
Here’s where you can buy tickets to upcoming games
SEC football superlatives, from best vibes to worst
Get your popcorn ready for Nov. 4. It’s still a week and a half away, but prepare yourselves accordingly. On Monday, the SEC announced kickoff times for the most important doubleheader of the season: Missouri at Georgia at 3:30 p.m. ET and LSU at Alabama at 7:45 p.m. ET, both on CBS. They are two games that will impact the SEC championship race and have legitimate College Football Playoff implications after the first rankings are released next Tuesday.
Read more here.
SEC football superlatives, from best vibes (Luther Burden, Nov. 4) to worst (Arkansas)