Why we like this card: If you’re a small business owner who flies with Delta regularly and wants to score a solid welcome bonus, consider the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card. This card has a welcome bonus of up to 75,000 points and perks like free checked bags and priority boarding with a $0 intro annual fee for the first year (then $99).
- Free checked bag free on Delta flights
- Generous welcome bonus of 75,000 miles
- No foreign transaction fees
- No lounge access
- No intro APR
- $99 annual fee ($0 intro fee for the first year)
To view rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, see this page.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card: Overview
- Intro: N/A
- Purchase: 20.99%–29.99% variable
- Balance transfer: N/A
- Cash advance: 29.99% variable plus a fee of $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty: 29.99% variable
- Late payment: up to $39
- Returned Payment: $39
Annual fee: $0 intro annual fee for the first year (then $99)
Foreign transaction fee: None
With the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, cardholders who frequently fly with Delta can reduce travel costs and upgrade their travel experience. For $99 a year, cardholders receive benefits like priority boarding, the first checked bag benefit (and for guests), discounts on in-flight purchases, and baggage insurance. The card, however, doesn’t provide access to Delta Sky Club or Delta’s airport lounges.
The rewards structure on this card is decent, but it’s nothing to write home about—the card offers 2x miles on just a handful of categories like advertising, shipping, and dining.
A big benefit of the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card is the welcome bonus: 75,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of card opening. And cardholders who use their miles to purchase flights get even more benefits—customers receive a 15% discount when they use miles to buy Delta flights on the Fly Delta app or the Delta website.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card: Rewards
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card provides higher rewards rates on select purchases that might be helpful to small business owners:
- 2x miles on purchases made directly with Delta
- 2x miles on U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- 2x miles on U.S. shipping purchases
- 2x miles on dining at restaurants
- 1x mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases
New cardholders can receive a welcome bonus of 75,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of card opening. And if you make an eligible Delta purchase within the first six months of opening your account, you can get an additional 5,000 miles. That means cardholders can receive up to 80,000 miles.
This offer is available through October 25, 2023.
How to redeem Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card miles
Cardholders can use their miles (and their cash) to buy flights. When cardholders book flights through the Fly Delta app or Delta SkyMiles account with their cards, they can get a 15% discount. Delta has more than 20 airline partners, so cardholders can book through airlines like Air France and Virgin Atlantic—though the 15% discount only applies to Delta and Delta Connection® flights.
Cardholders can use their points to pay for hotel and resort stays and rental cars through Delta Vacations.
Elevate your travel
When traveling, cardholders can use miles to pay for upgrades on Delta flights, buy premium drinks in Delta Sky Clubs, and more.
Shop for Delta gift cards, magazines, and other merchandise
Cardholders can purchase gift cards, magazines, and other goods via the SkyMiles Marketplace. The Marketplace is only available for view to SkyMile and Medallion members.
Donate or gift your miles
Through SkyWish, cardholders can donate their miles to charities like Habitat For Humanity, the American Red Cross, and UNICEF. If you want to give your points to someone you know, you can gift your miles to someone with a SkyMiles number.
Cardholders can use points to bid for various travel adventures on SkyMiles Experiences, an online auction marketplace. There are sports, theater, food and drink experiences, among others.
- Free first checked bag. Cardholders (and up to nine of their guests) can get the first checked bag for free. The standard bag fee is $30, so if you use this perk more than three times, you’ll save more in bag fees than the annual fee costs you.
- Main Cabin 1 Priority boarding. Cardholders (and up to nine guests on the reservation) can get priority boarding if they use their SkyMiles number when booking their Delta flights.
- Flight credit. If cardholders make eligible purchases totaling $10,000 or more, they will receive a $100 Delta eCredit that can be used to purchase Delta flights.
- 20% back on in-flight purchases. Cardholders can get 20% back as a statement credit when they purchase eligible pre-purchased meals, in-flight food purchases, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets on Delta flights.
- Baggage insurance. Cardholders who purchase plane, train, ship or bus ride tickets with their card are eligible for baggage insurance coverage—which kicks in if your baggage is stolen, lost, or damaged.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance. A cardholder can get damage and theft insurance on their car rental. Cardholders must use their card to book the rental and decline the collision damage waiver at the agency to receive it.
Is Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card right for you?
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card is best for business owners who plan to fly with Delta frequently. Many of the card’s perks can be used specifically on Delta flights.
Credit cards similar to Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card
Cardholders who aren’t loyal to Delta and want more flexible options for redeeming their rewards should consider the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, which has a similar annual fee but a more generous welcome bonus and rewards structure.
Ink Business Preferred credit card vs. Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card
The Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has an annual fee of $95 and a large welcome bonus of 100,000 points after spending $8,000 in the first three months of card opening.
With the Ink Business Preferred Card, customers receive 3 points for every dollar (up to $150,000 combined) spent on shipping purchases, internet, cable, phone, and advertising with social media sites and search engines.
Frequently asked questions
Is Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express card worth it?
The $99 annual fee on the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express card may be worth it for business owners who frequently travel with Delta.
How much is the Delta Gold Business Card annual fee?
The Delta Gold Business card has a $99 annual fee, but there’s a $0 intro fee for the first year.
Is Delta SkyMiles Gold Card hard to get?
Cardholders should aim for a ‘good’ FICO credit score of 690 or better to qualify for the Delta SkyMiles Gold Card, though card issuers look at other factors like income, too.
Please note that card details are accurate as of the publish date, but are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the issuer. Please contact the card issuer to verify rates, fees, and benefits before applying.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions, and Limitations Apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by Amex Assurance Company.