Alex Ouwens and Nathan Casserly might have been at the top of their game when their agency, Ouwens Casserly Real Estate, won the Annual REA Residential Agency of the Year 2022, but leading up to that moment, they both had faced some huge personal battles.
Alex had to step away from Ouwens Casserly when his son was diagnosed with cancer and Nathan had to abruptly change their business model.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Alex and Nathan talk about how they were able to overcome huge challenges in their lives over the past few years and come out on top.
They talk about why evolving from the “Nathan and Alex show” allowed their business to stand on its own, why you need to always focus on what you can control and how consistency and discipline will allow you to succeed in any environment.
They also discuss the importance of long-term strategic thinking, how to manage a shared leadership model and why one plus one can actually equal three.
“If you invest in great people, then they pay themselves back tenfold. So it was the best investment that we made.” – Alex Ouwens
Sam, Alex and Nathan also discuss:
- 5:04 – How to thrive in your business when faced with adversity.
- 6:27 – The importance of managing what you can control, especially during tough times.
- 11:02 – Why being vulnerable as a leader can help make your business stronger.
- 12:04 – How long-term strategic thinking and stepping away from the day-to-day, can help your business grow.
- 17:39 – Why coaching your sales team can be a game-changer for your business’s evolution and create more loyalty within your team.
- 20:43 – What you can do to separate yourself from the pack in an era where so much information is available.
- 24:40 – Why business owners need to find creative ways to free up their employees and add value to them.
- 29:05 – How you can improve your confidence by building up all the different areas in your life.
- 30:07 – How you can help more people and earn more money.
- 35.01 – The trick to help get you back on the phone, when you don’t want to make cold calls.
The Wheel of Life
The obstacle is the Way