“This is not a quicksand couch, and, personally, my spine thanks me for that!” —Mackenzie Gassett, contributing writer
- Dimensions: 108″ wide, 68″ deep, 36″ tall
- Materials: Solid wood frame, hypoallergenic fabrics, foam filling
- Shipping: Free entryway shipping and delivery, white-glove delivery and assembly an extra $149, delivery in 2–4 weeks
- Return Policy: 100-day return policy for items in original condition and packaging (15% restocking fee applies)
Low-Profile Sectional Sofas
Clean lines, expert construction, and high-quality upholstery are quintessential to these understated L-shaped sectionals. For something classic that will last a lifetime and work in pretty much any home, read these reviews.
What you see is what you get with the West Elm sectional—and we mean that in the very best way. True to the photos and the description, this couch more than delivers on comfort and style. It’s well made with contract-grade materials, it’s super plush (enough so that it can serve as an extra bed for guests), and its design is low-key enough that it can be accessorized to fit in most homes, classic or contemporary.
“My favorite aspect of the sectional is how plush it is. It truly feels like you’re sitting on a cloud.” —Juliana Ukiomogbe, contributing writer
- Dimensions: 111–121″ wide, 69″ deep, 35″ tall
- Materials: Velvet, linen, twill, and tweed options available, solid and engineered wood, metal springs, polyurethane foam, feather, and poly fiber blend
- Shipping: Doorstep delivery ($149+), home delivery white-glove service ($279+), delivery in 1–6 weeks
- Return Policy: 30-day return policy for items in original condition and (7-day policy for quick-ship upholstery items). Final sale for made-to-order products
Read the full review here
Made out of a variety of materials in distinct color families and with an asymmetrical design, the Polder sectional is a highly unusual sofa that will continually delight both in its design and in comfortability. The high-quality piece is adaptable and rewards a variety of uses, whether it’s solo reading time laying down, or playing host to many people at once for a get-together. For those able to stomach the splurge, the sofa is a well-crafted piece that’s sure to maintain its unique appeal as the years go by.
“My concern with this super cool-looking sofa is that it would be a lot more interesting to look at than it would be comfortable, but I was delighted to find that it’s uber-comfortable!” —Rachel Davies, associate digital features editor
- Dimensions: 102 ¼” wide, x 38 ¼” deep, 32 ¼” tall
- Materials: Polyurethane foam with a variety of different fabrics on a wooden frame
- Shipping: 10–12 weeks, white-glove
- Return Policy: Return shipping at customer’s own expense, 30% restocking fee, within 14 days
BenchMade offers endless customizations and specializes in fast production. Not only do you have more than 90 fabric options to find the right fit for your home, but the brand will also send a free box of swatches with a genius paper cutout to help measure your space—and make your decision making that much easier. Our sit tester, Stewart, was particularly amazed to find her sectional was able to conceal light and dark pet hair, as well as hold up against claws, rowdy kids, and more. Stewart went ahead and called it a “top-notch” product, and added that the BenchMade products are built to your exact specifications, supremely comfortable, and made to last.